Living in Florida, we experience primarily warm weather, making it easy to forget about the heating systems in our homes. While we don’t often need to heat our homes, there are occasions when the temperatures dip down and we need to turn on our heaters in order to stay comfortable. Because this equipment doesn’t get a lot of use, you might be wondering if it’s worth getting maintenance.
The simple answer to that question is yes. Keeping your heating system well-maintained is just as important as keeping your air conditioning system properly tuned up. In fact, because heating systems often sit unused for prolonged periods of time here in Florida, getting heating maintenance for your system can be vital. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of heating maintenance.
5 Reasons to Have Your Heating System Maintained
- Energy Efficiency: When you get regular maintenance for your heating system, it will operate more efficiently. Even if you have a dual heating and cooling system, like ductless or a heat pump, it’s important to have it maintained twice a year – in the spring and in the fall – to best maintain system efficiency.
- System Effectiveness: When heating systems sit without use for prolonged periods of time, they can get dirty and dusty. That can make them have to work harder in order to keep your home comfortable. By getting a tune-up and cleaning for your heating system, you’ll help ensure that it will heat your home effectively when you need to turn it on.
- System Longevity: Over time, components of your system can corrode, especially if they’ve been subjected to the elements here in our Florida climate. When your technician looks over your heating system, they’ll be able to find any components that need repair or replacement, helping to increase your system’s lifespan.
- Warranty Maintenance: Many equipment manufacturers require that homeowners get regular system maintenance in order to keep their warranty intact. Failure to do so may void the warranty – causing you to have to pay out-of-pocket costs should your system need an expensive repair or replacement in the future.
- Air Quality: A dirty heating system can cause the air in your home to become dirty, too. When you have your system regularly maintained, your technician will make sure your system’s filter and other components are clean, so the air in your home will be fresher, helping you and your family enjoy better home comfort all the way around.
Can Expert Home Service help me get the heating maintenance I need this fall?
We certainly can! When you need heating service in your home, you can count on Expert Home Services to help you. We are pleased to provide you with quality heating products and services, provided by our experienced technicians in a friendly, professional manner. Simply call us at (813) 632-8889 or contact us online to schedule maintenance, and we will be happy to help you.