Join the Expert Home Service Team As an Appliance Professional
Appliance Professional – Tampa, FL
Summary of Job
As an Appliance Professional, you will complete in-home service calls for household appliances such as washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, etc. Educate and assist customers in choosing the best options. Maintain a clean, organized job site and a well inventoried truck. Work alongside customer experience coordinators and dispatchers to ensure overall success of the service call.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic functionality testing on units, as well as diagnosing, conducting repairs, and cleaning multiple types of laundry and kitchen appliance products like dishwashers, ranges, and ovens
- Visually inspect appliances, and check for unusual noises, excessive vibration, fluid leaks, or loose parts to determine why the appliances fail to operate properly
- Disassemble the appliance to examine its internal parts for signs of wear or corrosion
- Technicians tighten, align, clean, and lubricate parts as necessary
- Learn to read schematics, follow wiring diagrams, and use testing devices such as ammeters, voltmeters, and wattmeters to check electrical systems for shorts and faulty connections
- Repair appliances with electronic parts, and replace circuit boards or other electronic components After identifying problems,replace or repair defective belts, motors, heating elements, switches, gears, or other items
- Maintain the company vehicle properly and ensure that it is well stocked
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face and over the phone. Must be self-directed
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in appliance repair
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear, confident manner throughout the entire service so that they are aware what is going on inside their home/business.
- Ability to adjust your communications to provide the best customer experience possible.
- Ability to create detailed job notes in the customer’s account for future reference.
- Ability to both teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers in meetings and in one-to-one interactions.
- Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness.
- Frequent communication with dispatchers so that they know the status of each job for scheduling purposes.
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle.
- The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner.
- All employees of Expert Home Service must consider safety as their primary job. General knowledge of safe working practices and federal/state OSHA requirements is required as applicable.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
To adequately perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, stoop, use hands to manipulate equipment and machine controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Expert Home Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer